Friday, April 20, 2012

Nabi Magnetic Nail Polish Review

Last month I purchased this magnetic polish from Walgreens just to try it out and see how it compared to China Glaze's Magnetix polishes.  I didn't really think that these Nabi polishes were going to be that great since they were only $3 but I was pleasantly surprised at the results that I got when I used this polish.
You can find these polishes at your local Walgreens and they run for about $3.99 per bottle.  They come in a variety of colors, 30 to be exact, and each bottle comes with a different magnetic pattern (horizontal, diagonal, or chevron).  I decided to pick up this burgandy shade because I thought that I should at least get a color that I liked on its own just in case I didn't like the magnet design.

BOTTLE DESIGN
You can see my video review of this polish HERE.  The first thing that I found out about the polish is that it didn't have a name on the bottom of the bottle, which is kind of irritating to me.  Next, I realized that the magnet was attached to the cap with the brush, which means that when you paint your nails you'll have to immediately flip over your cap and place the magnet above your nail.  Now that might not be a problem for some people but for me, I didn't like the fact that if you had a lot of polish on your brush then you flipped it over all the polish will go towards the top of the lid.  If the polish does this it can cause the polish to get on neck of the bottle, where the cap and bottle lock, and dry which will make it difficult to reopen the bottle.

One last thing that I didn't like about the bottle is the magnet.  It did work okay but I would've liked to have a "cuticle rest", that piece of plastic that you can place on your cuticle while the magnet is doing it magnetic thang to your nails without touching them,  on the bottle.  It's not that big of a deal, but I did occasionally touch my nail with the magnet which was kind of annoying.

On a positive note, I do like that you get 0.5 fl.oz of polish, the amount that you would get in most  polishes.  Something that I've seen with other brands is that their magnetic polishes are usually smaller than their regular polishes, which wouldn't be a problem if the price wasn't 5x more than the regualr polish.
The bottle.

Another look at the color.

The instructions.
The different designs that the bottle can come with.
The magnet.

The bottom of the bottle.

APPLICATION
The polish is very opaque and applied very smoothly.  In my DEMO you will see the magnetic design came out amazingly well!  I think I actually like more than the China Glaze magnet! 




After I saw how well the Nabi magnet did, I was curious to see how the polish would react if I used the China Glaze magnet.




I'm must say I like the way this turned out a lot more than it did with the China Glaze polishes.
FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, I love the Nabi polishes a lot more than the China Glaze ones and I've already bought another one!  I think y'all should definitely check out these bad boys cause they're HOT!!!  Not only are they inexpensive but they actually work!  I still might buy a Nails Inc. or Layla polish just to see how they compare but I'm not sure cause the Nabi ones exceeded my expectations.

Here is the other that I picked up!

This is a nice medium blue, almost teal, color.


Like I noted in the video, the polishes didn't have names and they also had the same number on the bottom so there really wasn't a way to find out what the name of the color is (I'll have to do some research).

Sorry for this wordy/picture heavy post but I just want to share my opinions and hopefully help you guys in the process.

Have you seen these in your local Walgreens?  If so, what colors did you pick up?
I hope you guys found this post helpful!

Thanks for reading,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...