Friday, June 8, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Nail polish review! (Wordy and Picture Heavy post)

Hello my fellow nail polish addicts!!!  Today I'm going to share my thoughts on Revlon's new Colorstay nail polish!  I've heard some mixed things about this polish, some people hate it and some people love it.  I was curious about this new line of polish because it claims to be like gel nails and are suppose to last 7 to 10 days without chipping.  I'll be completely honest, I didn't believe that claim one bit, but since I'm a sucker for polish I thought I would give it a chance and pick up a few colors.

From L to R:  Cayenne, Rich Raspberry, Bare Bones
You can watch my review of these polishes HERE!

Click the "Read More" button to see if this polish lives up to its claims!


Okay let me start by saying this, I was a little disappointed with the color selection.  Don't get me wrong the colors are beautiful but I feel like the there wasn't that much of a variety, hopefully they'll come out with more colors in the future.  The price of the polish will vary depending on where you buy them.  I've seen these polishes go for as little as $4 all the way up to $10!  I find that a local grocery store or a chain store (Walmart, Target, etc.) will have cheaper prices on their cosmetics while stores like Walgreens and CVS seem to always have higher prices on their cosmetics.  I bought my polishes at my local grocery store, H-E-B, for $2.97 a piece, they are originally $4.97 a piece but they had $2 off coupons on all Revlon products!

Now let's talk about the design of the bottle.  I really think that Revlon as a whole is stepping up their game with their packaging and their products in general.  The bottle is simple yet sleek.  You get a smaller amount of polish than you would in your average bottle of polish, the average polish is .5 fl. oz. where as the Revlon polishes are .4 fl. oz., but that wasn't to much of a problem considering the application of these polishes!  The brush is AMAZING!!!!!  It's thin and the corners of the brush is slightly rounded off, which gives you more control when applying the polish by your cuticles.

The polish is 3-free, which means that it does NOT contain DPB, toluene, and formaldehyde.  The formula was a little on the thick side but it was perfect for applying the polish.  The application of the polish was flawless and smooth, definitely a two coater with all of the colors that I have.  The polish leveled itself very well and it dried a little faster than your average polish.  The formula is also very flexible, meaning that if you bent your nails the polish wouldn't crack.  The finish of the polish was smooth and very shiny, so shiny that I almost forgot to put on a topcoat on because I thought that I had already done so.

Now I'm going to talk about the wear of this polish!!!!  Like I said before I didn't really believe that this polish was going to last as long as they claimed it would, but I was pleasantly surprised that this polish wore very well!  Let's get to the pictures shall we?!

Day 1:  I decided to wear Rich Raspberry, 2 coats, for this "test!"

The polish had a "creally" finish, cream + jelly, and you could slightly see my nail line but it wasn't that noticeable.

Day 2:  There was some more tip wear and you can see that I scuffed up my nails a little bit!



 Day 3:  My left hand is still looking great!

 On the other hand, my right hand was starting to look a little rough.

You can see that I scuffed them up a little more but they still haven't chipped yet!

 Day 4:  The tip wear is a little more noticeable, but the polish still hasn't chipped!


Day 5:  The polish finally chipped! : (

This was partially my fault since I started picking at it, but it still isn't that bad.

 My right hand

You can see that I scuffed up my nails a bit more.

Day 6:  The chip got a little bigger and the tip wear is very noticeable

Right hand

Here is a close-up of a nail on my left hand.  You can see that the top coat started to peel off along with some of the polish.

My thumb and pointer finger chipped, which caused some of the polish to chip after I filed my nails.

Phew!!!! Are y'all still with me?!  I'm almost done talking about this lovely polish!

I think I could've kept this polish on for a few more days but I decided that it was time to do something different with my nails.  I really put this polish to work!  I did a lot more with my hands than I would normally do just to see if I would have a chunk of polish missing by the end of the day!

Do I think this polish could last up to 10 days?  I really think it could...if you work an office job and really don't rough your hands up much I think this polish will wear beautifully!!!  I was really impressed with how my nails looked after day 6!  Some of my other polishes that I spend more money on usually last around 3 days before it starts chipping.  I also didn't have any cracks on my nails while I was wearing the polish, which is a problem that I sometimes have with other brands.

Overall, I really really love this polish, I've already purchased a couple more colors!  I would definitely recommend this polish to everyone and their momma, especially those that have a busy lifestyle and don't have much time to do their nails on a daily basis.  I haven't tried the topcoat or basecoat,  but I might in the future to see if the polish will last longer without chipping.  Since people have had mixed feelings about these polishes, I would suggest getting one polish and seeing how the formula reacts with your nails.  I've heard of people saying that the polish dries out their nails, causing them to peel and break, even with a base coat.  Personally I think that the polish kind of strengthened my nails.

So there you have it!  Have y'all tried the Revlon Colorstay nail polish?  If so, I would love to hear your opinion about it.

Thanks for reading, 
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. Am definitely going to get one of these tomorrow at the drug store! I had doubts about this before mainly because of the price tag (I mean.. seriously? for a drug store polish that's kinda expensive..) but after seeing this candy pink color one in stores today and reading your review, I think I"ll try it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! What's the name of the polish? It's sounds super pretty! I hope you love them as much as I do. : )

      Delete
  2. I love this color, it's my favourite for transitioning from Summer to Autumn as it's a nice bright fuchsia with plummy tones. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of your blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites buy nail polish online india | Skin Brightening services at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
    face scrub Rawalpindi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...