Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dupe Alert?!: OPI I'm All Ears vs Sinful Colors Forget Now

Hey guys so recently I've been going through my collection and swatching my polishes on note cards.  As I was doing this I realized that I have quite a few polish dupes in my collection.  Today I'm going to share a possible dupe of one of my favorite OPI polishes!

The two polishes that I'm comparing tonight is OPI I'm All Ears (from the Minnie Mouse collection) and Sinful Colors Forget Now (permanent collection).

 
OPI I'm All Ears vs Sinful Colors Forget Now
Bottle comparison:  In the bottle the polishes look very similar but SC Forget Now is slightly darker than OPI I'm All Ears.

Click "Read More"  to see if these are dupes!


Here is a side by side comparison of the two colors. OPI I'm All Ears is on the left and Sinful Colors Forget Now is on the right.
On the nail:  In person the two colors look a lot more similar on the nail but in the pictures you can kind of see a difference between the two polishes.  Can you tell which one is which?



Let's see if you're guessed correctly!
I applied 3 coats of OPI I'm All Ears on my index and ring fingers and 2 coats of Sinful Colors Forget Now on my middle and pinkie fingers!  Did you get it right?

In person you can't really spot the difference but when I put my hand towards the light you can tell that Sinful Colors Forget Now has more blue in it than OPI I'm All Ears (which has more red in it).  The amount of shimmer in both polishes are about the same and of the formulas are kind of a jelly finish.


Overall:  These polishes aren't exact dupes but they're pretty darn close!  You definitely don't need both of them unless you really like this color.  The OPI polish will run you about $8 and the Sinful Colors polish will run you about $0.99-1.99.  I will say that I like the formula of the OPI polish better BUT I like the opacity and the price tag of the Sinful Colors polish more. 

NOTE:  I found another close dupe of OPI I'm All Ears but I forget to take pictures of it!  Pure Ice Draped is not an exact dupe but it is a similar color to the two that I featured in this post.  The only big difference is that Pure Ice Draped is a velour (matte) finished polish.  You can see a swatch of Draped HERE.

So which of the two do you prefer?

Like I said earlier, I have quite a few dupes in my collection and I'll be doing separate post on them over the next few months.

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Those are almost identical! I have Forget Now and love it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinful Colors for the win! I love the opacity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love Sinful Colors dupes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...